- DMC Receiving Hospital
- Detroit, MI
The Graduate Nurse (GN) at DMC Receiving Hospital is a member of the patient care delivery team, engaging in patient care activities and providing patient/family education under the supervision of a registered nurse. The GN collaborates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care, promotes productive employee relations, and is committed to continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Coordinates patient care activities and assumes the role of care coordinator for uncomplicated patients.
- Provides direct patient care as determined by patient, family, and unit needs.
- Collaborates with physicians, care management specialists, and other health care providers to carry out the nursing process.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Must have temporary authorization to practice as a graduate nurse under the direct supervision of a registered nurse as required by law.
- Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse by the state of Michigan within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment.
- Exhibits appropriate clinical judgment and analytical skills.
- Requires physical ability and visual/manual dexterity.