- New England College of Optometry
- Boston, MA
The New England College of Optometry is seeking a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor of Cornea and Contact Lens. This position has an appointment in the Department of Specialty and Advanced Care at NECO and in the clinical care system at NECO Center for Eye Care (NCEC) Commonwealth. The role may be a tenure track or non-tenure track appointment and will involve both clinical and academic responsibilities. In the OD2 curriculum, Contact Lenses I & II are core components, and the role will also include lecturing and instructing laboratories in the Cornea and Contact Lens track.
The candidate will be responsible for providing primary and specialty contact lens services in a collaborative environment at NCEC Commonwealth. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to utilize advanced diagnostic tools and treatment technology as part of NCEC's dry-eye service. The role also involves the clinical training of optometry students at various levels at NECO Center for Eye Care Commonwealth.
NECO is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
- 3 plan options for BCBS medical coverage (employer subsidized at 75% or greater)
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- BCBS Dental
- Discounted vision services
- 13 paid holidays and generous paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal days
- Employer-paid life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary Insurance: life, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident
- Voluntary Benefits: employee discounts and pet insurance
- 9% employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year of service with no vesting schedule or match requirement
- Qualified Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer